What's it all about?
It's been a tough year, we can all agree on that. Put simply, this retreat is to help you and your friends and family hit the refresh button and to start again with a renewed energy that nurtures, connects and inspires possibility. Your own exclusive glamping site for 20 people comes with a private chef and luxury surroundings in nature, giving you the opportunity to:
- Take time to reflect, breathe and take stock on all that's happened this past year
- Reconnect with yourself, your partner, your friends, your family (whoever you choose to invite) around the campfire
- Be nurtured by good food, great company in incredible natural surroundings
In your own exclusive glamping site for 2 nights, there are 10 luxury bell tents, where you'll sleep on proper beds and mattresses. You'll have dinner with your guests under the shimmering stars (or in a Giant Tipi when the weather is less forgiving), eat local food prepared onsite by local chefs and try experiences that are good for the soul and great for your wellbeing.
This incredible prize includes:
- 3pm: Arrival at the camp
- Check in and get to know your surroundings and relax into the natural environment
- 6.30pm: Relax with drinks around the fire
- 7.15pm: Dinner outdoors under the stars on long tables or in the Giant Tipi
- 7.30am: 1hr Sunrise Yoga
- 9am: Breakfast in the Giant Tipi or outdoors on long tables
- 10.15 am 2 hrs Bushcraft Workshop
- 12.30 pm: Lunch break/relax
- 2.30 pm: 1hr 15 mins Conscious Connected Breath session outdoors or in Giant Tipi
- 4 pm: Leave camp for 2 hrs Forest Bathing experience in the nearby woods
- 6 pm: Back to camp to relax
- 7pm: Relax and drinks around the firepit
- 8 pm Dinner in the Giant Tipi or outdoors on long tables
- 8.30 am: Breakfast in Giant Tipi or outdoors on long tables
- 10am: Leave your camp
A fantastic and fun introduction to bushcraft for all. You'll learn to build trust and communicate like the best expedition teams and figure out how not to get lost. You'll learn about fire, shelter, water, wild foods, tracking and stalking. This is a brilliant two-hour session packed with games and activities throughout and is a great chance to learn the basics of bushcraft and survival skills.
Conscious Connected Breathing experience
In our experience, every day should include this - a Conscious Connected Breath session, designed to detox and destress your system. This session will reconnect your mind and body and ultimately connect you back to yourself. It will either be held in the camp's Giant Tipi, outdoors, or possibly even in the woods.Breathwork is a safe and ancient practice, known for its immune system boosting abilities and self-healing powers, allowing you to come out of your busy mind and drop more deeply into your body. There are literally hundreds of breath practices to try and your stay at Kymani will allow you to experience one of these, known as Conscious Connected Breath. In this session you'll discover a technique that will:- Help you deal successfully with stress- Help you sleep better- Energise and uplift you - Show you how to engage with your diaphragm - the breathing apparatus you were born with, but forgot about!- Boost your immune system- Help you release emotional tension and stress *Please note this session is not suitable for those with glaucoma, pregnant (1st trimester only) epilepsy, detached retina, prior strokes or seizures, pior diagnosis by a health professional of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, psychotic or borderline psychotic states.
Shinrin-yoku (forest bathing) experience
Shinrin-yoku means bathing in the forest environment for wellbeing. Humans have spent 99.9% of their development in nature and 0.01% in urban environments. This is a gentle introduction to begin a new relationship with it, including sensory and meditative exercises. In this session we'll show you how to tune into your micro and macro awareness of nature and notice how it communicates with us. You'll experience ways to:- Reduce your stress levels - research has found that leisurely forest walks yield a 12.4 per cent decrease in the stress hormone, cortisol, compared with urban walks. People report better moods and lower anxiety. - Improve your mood - academics at Derby University have conducted a meta study of existing research which concludes that connecting to nature can be linked to happiness and mental wellbeing. Spending time in nature releases hormones that relate to the pursuit of joy, connecting to calm and avoiding threats. - Free up your creativity - University of Utah research shows participants saw a 50% improvement in creative problem solving after time immersed in nature with all access to modern technology removed. - Boost your immune system - trees and plants emit ‘phytoncides’ which we breathe in when we spend time in the forest. These have been proven to enhance the activity of Natural Killer cells that help our bodies fight disease.
These one-hour morning or early evening yoga sessions are infused with mindfulness and personal development elements and are all suitable for beginners as well as more experienced yogis of all ages and abilities. Best done before breakfast at 8am or towards the end of the day when the sun is going down. Yoga sessions will be held outdoors if the weather is good, if not, it will be held under canvas, in the Giant Tipi) and lasts 1 hour.
Where you'll sleep
We provide truly luxurious glamping accommodation - even though you'll be in the great outdoors there is definitely no slumming it here. Each tent will be lavishly furnished with proper beds (each bell tent contains a double and two single beds) and all of the home comforts you can imagine.Your bed has a proper mattresses, lighting, bedside tables, a sofa and all manner of soft furnishings. And to keep you warm and cosy? Your very own wood-burning stove.
- Beds with soft linen
- Comfy sofa
- Woodburning stove with a bag of wood (if you need more you can order more onsite)
- Full-length mirror
- Clothing rail and hangers
- Rugs & mats
- Hanging candelabra
- Bedside tables and reading lamps
- Vintage storage trunk
- Boot rack
- Power supply to charge your phone
What you'll eat
Included in your 2 night experience is breakfast on two mornings and dinner on two evenings, as well as an optional lunch on day 2. Here is a guide to what you can expect.
Continental Cold buffet: Juices/Water/Tea & Coffee/MilkGranola/Nuts/BerriesYoghurt/Cereals/Toast and Pastries.
Condiments (S&P, Honey, Jams, Butter, Nutella etc) Kilner Jars to fill with granola, yogurts, seeds, berries, nuts and have as a personalised breako pot or made for them with a variety of flavours (fruits of the forest, chocolate, tropical fruit, think overnight oats too).
DINNER - THEMED OPTION IDEAS
NO MEAT MONDAY With more people aiming for healthier options, we'll serve up vegetarian versions of favourites such as burgers, pies, wraps and risottos.
WEDNESDAY WONDERS The chef will supply a feast of all things fun and filling such as stone baked pizzas, pasta dishes, Mediterranean Salads, Beef Bourguignon, Potato Mash, Green Beans Vegan Shepherds Pie, Maple Roasted Parsnips (vg) and Thai Red Chicken Curry.
FISH FRIDAY We're thinking big pots of Moules Mariniere, baked cod with roasted veggies, traditional batter fish and chips, sides of pea and mint puree, homemade tartare sauce and all the best accoutrements. Happy Friday y’all.
Recharge in nature includes
- Sole use of the site for 36 hrs
- Bedding, linens and all the home comforts you need in 10 bell tents
- Hot showers and proper toilets
- Central Giant Tipi with banquet table, library, lounge and games area
- Breakfasts and dinners each day cooked up for you by our onsite chef made with locally-sourced ingredients
- 1 hr Sunset Yoga session
- 1hr 15 mins Conscious Connected Breath session
- 2 hrs Forest Bathing experience
- 2hrs Bushcraft experience
- 2 Kymani staff and chef on site
- £375 per person based on 20 people/ £7500 total (2 per 6 metre bell tent)
- Additional: £60 per person to add alcohol drinks package and lunch on day 2 for 20 people/ £1200 total
- Total cost: £435 per person/£8700 total including all the above, alcohol drinks package and lunch on day 2 for 20