Nurtured in tranquil vineyards and ripened by the sun, the precious grapes of Champagne will soon be ready for harvest. Enjoy extraordinary access to Veuve Clicquot’s vineyards, as its winemakers enter this most critical moment in their year. Then taste the exceptional results of harvests past, with three more renowned champagne houses.
You will learn how the grapes are harvested with Veuve Clicquot, lunch in the vineyards and take a private tour of its cellars, as well as those of Moët & Chandon. Elegant evening receptions and dinners will offer rare insights into Moët & Chandon and Ruinart, before you retreat each night to the luxury of a five-star hotel.
Offer the chance to elebrate the end of Champagne harvest with The Happy Prize Company
Our exclusive weekend celebration of Champagne's harvest includes:
- A two-night stay with breakfast at the five-star Royal Champagne Hotel – a contemporary take on the classic wine-country retreat.
- A welcome evening hosted by Ruinart, with an exquisite informal dinner.
- The rare opportunity to experience harvest with Veuve Clicquot, in the beautiful vineyards of Verzy, in the Montagne de Reims.
- A rustic lunch in the vineyards. Inspired by harvest traditions, the menu is perfectly paired with Veuve Clicquot champagnes.
- A private tour of Veuve Clicquot’s atmospheric cellars in Reims, created from ancient chalk mines.
- An elegant reception at Moët & Chandon’s spectacular Orangerie in Epernay, steeped in history. The evening includes a private tour of the cellars and concludes with a gastronomic dinner, curated by the House’s chef Marco Fadiga, and complemented by vintages from Moët & Chandon.
- Dedicated transfers to and from Reims or Épernay stations.
Friday 14th September: Welcome evening with Ruinart
You are invited to arrive in the afternoon and settle into your accommodation at the Royal Champagne Hotel. This new, five-star hotel offers a contemporary reinvention of the classic wine-country retreat. With incredible views of the region's vineyards, it is the perfect place to relax and explore the spirit of Champagne.
Saturday 15th September: Learn about harvesting with Veuve Clicquot and explore Moët & Chandon's cellars
After breakfast, you will be driven to the vineyard in Verzy for an exclusive Veuve Clicquot experience. In this beautiful setting, discover the soul of champagne: the vineyards. You will be met by members of the Veuve Clicquot team, who will introduce you to the secrets of the vineyards, at their most crucial time of year.After this, take a break at the romantic Manoir de Verzy, part of the Veuve Clicquot domain for more than 100 years. Soak up the history and ambience before settling down in the vineyard for an inspired take on a typical rustic harvest lunch, perfectly paired with Veuve Clicquot champagnes and vintages spanning decades.
Then, discover the cellars of Veuve Clicquot. Internationally known and loved, this champagne house has been crafting fine champagne since 1772, and its dedication to excellence is evident in every sip. You will be led on a tour of the expansive cellars, created from ancient chalk mines. The day culminates with a reception in the French garden of Moët & Chandon’s Orangery. You will start with a private tour of the cellars , where Emperor Napoleon awarded Jean-Rémy Moët the Legion of Honour medal. The tour will then be followed by a celebratory dinner in the Moët & Chandon's Estate with a menu curated by Moët & Chandon’s talented Executive Chef Marco Fadiga. With nearly three centuries of history and exceptional heritage, Moët & Chandon will take you on an unforgettable escape during this evening which will be sure to create exceptional memories.
Sunday 16th September: Departure
After breakfast at the Royal Champagne, you might choose to enjoy a spa and massage. If your schedule allows, you might also visit Reims, an enchanting town with an incredible history. As the backdrop to the coronations of French kings and a pivotal location for the production of champagne, Reims is filled with fascinating places to explore.